Friday, February 17, 2006



Tthink..................................

am listening to FM radio, one of my weak points and favorites

its been a long time since am alone at home

last time I remember was in December but it was just for a day or two and I was too much occupied with submissions and all so had no time to ponder over anything else............. :)

this radio especially late night songs take me to dif world, a world of kind of nostalgia , a world where "me" baddal wichar karata yeto

in our Saturday's sandhya (morning meditation) we used to have various thought, which at that age seem to be irrelevant and to be honest, were beyond my limits

however, now I feel, arrr, they were too great!!!!

JPP has given me a lot , intangible, something which is just not possible to explain in words, or convince anyone who hasn't been a part of jpp, both physically and mentally

comint to the main point, the "atmaparikshan" as said in marathi is one of the most important thing in life, we all are avoiding / missing/ not bothered about in the world of hectic schedule may it be job or may it be personal life

when you go into atmaparikshan, you start thinking about what are your desires, your goals, your ambitions, your past, your present

pitfalls and hurdles in achieving those goals, in fulfilling those desires, ambitions...........

it may sound that I am becoming too much philosophical or a kingd of saddist but believe me,take some time out of your routine and find some time alone for a few hours especially late evenings or nights

and just get out of all the daily stress, thoughts and simply stop thinking about daily problems for a while, and you will also think on similar lines just like am thinking now

best place and surrounding for such thinking are clear nights under open skies, preferably treks or something similar may be tekdi waar ratri just like me and one of my friend used to have good time on hanuman tekdi after sunset , we used to seat quietly enjoying changing colours f sky and it used to happen that manytimes the sky used to turn dark and we used to seat quietly, in our own thoughts.....

well, while thinking, many things and thoughts, incidents come to the mind.....

various wishes, things that I seek try to come together and the mind, automatically tries to make a kind of jigsaw out of them......

one of my wishes, well, these days quite a few of them have come true, most important being "bike"

I now have my own bike, a dream which could have come true the moment I entered engineering

but......

sometimes, rather I could say, many times the practical life and "ifs and but" of practical life score over your desires, your dreams, your emotions and if at all, your efforts as well.............

how ironic it is, "time" or "kaal" is a factor which is both, "cause of" as well as "remedy for" many things in life

I have experienced many times especially when you want to go for outing, nobody will have time, or will have gud excuses (with due respect to the excuses)

ya, it has happened many times, and really, its just not possible many times to implement / do whatever you think of doing

some times its people and surroundings or sometimes its the money that matters

money.....

one of the most important factors......

the whole world revolves around only three things: emotions,money and power

very few are lucky enough to get all these three...

anyway

now I think I am boring you all coz now am getting bored my self

hahahaha

so, just enjoy

but do remember to have "atmaparikshan"

try it once at least

I can bet , you will feel much relieved

you will feel fresh

looking forward to your comments / suggestions / critics.......

1 comment:

Sandeep Limaye said...

Well said Ashwin, the more I think about it now, the more I understand the importance and significance of our Upasana. Deciding to make Upasana everyday and alone will take a lot of will power and determination, which can only be developed by starting with a small step. One advantage of doind it in a group is the motivation quadruples with the number of participants; but anyway...restarting to make Upasana once a week might be a good starting point.